Our vision is to prepare our children to live fulfilled lives as positive, motivated lifelong learners who adapt, contribute and give their best as local, national and global citizens in an ever changing technological world.
At The John Bamford Primary School we want our children to:
Experience a broad and balanced curriculum so that they can develop and secure their learning, building on skills progressively each year.
- To establish an entitlement for all children, regardless of social background, culture, race, gender, differences in ability and disabilities, to develop and apply the knowledge, skills and understanding that will help them develop a love of learning and so to be life-long learners, confident individuals and responsible citizens:
- To establish standards for children’s performance that can be shared with children, parents, teachers, governors and the public.
- To promote continuity and coherence, allowing children to move smoothly between phases of education and schools and providing a foundation for lifelong learning.
- Experience a broad and balanced curriculum so that they can develop and secure their learning, building on skills progressively each year.
- Learn new vocabulary and knowledge which is purposeful to them.
- Be aspirational, to aim high and challenge themselves to achieve their dreams in the future.
- To have high standards of achievement in all areas of life – personal, moral, spiritual, social and academic.
- Be prepared for life in modern Britain, understanding the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Leave JB with the confidence and skills to make decisions, reflect and become lifelong learners in an ever changing technological world.
In particular, our curriculum:
- Promotes high standards, particularly in literacy and numeracy.
- Provides continued entitlement from early years to a coherent, broad and balanced curriculum.
- Instils in children a positive disposition to learning and a commitment to learning.
- Promotes and passes on essential knowledge, skills and understanding valued by society to the next generation.
- Is meaningful and purposeful to children in the here and now and prepares them for the next phase of their education, and for their future;
- Widens horizons and raises aspirations about the world of work and further and higher education.
- Makes children more aware of, and engaged with, their local, national and international communities.
- Helps children recognise that personal development is essential to wellbeing and success.